Tuesday 30 May 2006

The John Major Rap

In a recent comment Andrew Duffin mentioned the John Major cones hotline.

This has reminded me of the 1992 general election in which Mr Major's government was rather unexpectedly re-elected. Shortly afterwards, Mrs F&W and myself took a trip from London to Scotland. To pass the time and keep myself awake I started to invent (and perform!) some rap lyrics. The one that we both remember was composed on the Dumfries bypass and refers to an imaginary conversation between the victorious Prime Minister and the new MP for Hampstead, Ms Glenda Jackson.

To understand the sheer brilliance (if I may be so modest) of this composition you will have to be familiar with the works of Ayn Rand:

Now Johnnie said to Glenda, the new MP,
Don't you take that line with me,
I think you've got your knickers in a twist,
You Mystic, Altruist, Collect-iv-ist!

1 comment:

David Farrer said...

Comment made on previous template:

Robert Bove
More of yer poetry, please! I enjoyed this post so much, I linked it here, the title of my post being, "For no apparent reason": http://www.newenglishreview.org/blog_direct_link.cfm?blog_id=534

2 June 2006, 13:37:08 GMT+01:00